The Hume Whitehead approach is founded on the strong client-side background of our founders, Richard Hume and Sue Whitehead.
From over 40 years’ client side experience comes our:
- Understanding of what you and your stakeholders need
- Highly strategic approach
- Strong travel industry, media and consumer brand contacts
- Tailor-made, customer driven solutions
- Commercial, results-driven focus
- Attention to detail – and to you
They are completely committed and extremely proactive in all areas of their work. Their experience and knowledge has always meant that they have been strategically strong at all times.
David Carlaw, Head of Faraway Product, Premier Holidays
They know the industry inside-out which is why they have the following they deserve. Attention to detail is where they particularly shine which is reassuring in today’s fast moving world.
Michael Traboulsi, Senior Broadcast Journalist, Global Radio
How it all started
With over 40 years’ travel industry experience in both the public and private sectors, we have worked with agencies and representatives of all kinds. And been disappointed.
So in 2007 we decided to create a new kind of agency. An agency where
- The results are more important than the visuals
- Promises made are promises kept
- We are as accountable as members of your own team
- We approach campaigns from a client perspective not an agency perspective
From start to finish
When planning a campaign to promote a destination, hotel, airline or tour operator, we tailor-make the solution to meet the client’s specific needs. We conduct research and analysis to ensure our plans and activities sit on a solid base. To target our activity, we develop effective customer segmentation strategies to reflect the market and business needs. Having agreed a broad strategy, we then translate the strategy into an action plan to deliver measurable results. In this way, every campaign benefits from increased:
- Presence – maximizing reach online, offline and through the travel trade
- Profile – raising awareness among consumers and within the travel industry to create a buzz about the destination, product or service
- Performance – increasing volume and sales, as well as maximising yield through highly targeted conversion activities
It ‘s a simple, consistent “think like a client” approach … which works time and again. Many of our clients stay with us for years and broaden our brief from our initial engagement. They like our open, straightforward style and the fact that we will only commit to what we can deliver. They like our creativity and our high profile within the travel industry too, but most of all they find us professional and easy to work with.
Don’t believe us
When we read this page, we think “We would say that, wouldn’t we?” We’re not used to talking at length about ourselves. We prefer to understand our clients’ viewpoint – our job is to ensure their voice is heard. And that goes for this website too. We have included testimonials where possible so you can see what others think. Even better still, judge us for yourselves. We’d love to meet to discuss your PR, marketing and representation needs.